Many passengers in recent times have fallen prey to the overbooking, cancellations and flight delays with some major airlines and are denied boarding as the travelling date nears. As the number of such cases is increasing, refundme.in is determined to help flyers get their compensation for denied boarding.
How airlines compensate?
- Airlines in India are liable to refund the booking amount to the passengers who have been denied boarding
- Airlines can compensate by informing the passengers about overbooking in advance and arrange an alternate flight to be departed within an hour of originally booked flight
- Airlines can also ask passengers to voluntarily give away the seat in return of any other benefits mutually decided between both the parties.
Why passengers are denied boarding
In order to prevent aircraft from flying with any unoccupied seats, airlines allow overbooking expecting booking cancellations in the coming days. However, as the cancellations do not take place as expected, the flyers with late bookings are denied boarding at the flying date and are eligible for compensation.
Are you eligible for compensation?
In case of denied boarding, you are eligible to claim compensation with following conditions
If you are holding confirmed ticket at the time of boarding
If you are present at the time of boarding as specified by the airline
How much you can claim?
According to the rules defined for Civil Aviation in India, following compensation can be claimed in case of denied boarding
- An amount equal to 200% of the booked one-way fare plus airline fuel charge, subject to a maximum of INR 10,000/- in case the alternate flight is scheduled to depart within 24 hours of the booked scheduled departure of the original flight
- An amount equal to 400% of the booked one-way fare plus airline fuel charge, subject to a maximum of INR 20,000/- in case the alternate flight is scheduled to depart after more than 24 hours of the booked scheduled departure of the original flight.
- You may also choose to either voluntary give up your seat at the time of being notified of the overbooking in exchange for such benefits which the airline may provide at its own discretion.
How can you claim compensation?
If you are denied boarding due to overbooking and wish to receive compensation then refundme.in can help you with following process
- Verification: Customers are allowed to enter their data and upload documents related to flight booking. refundme.in verifies the eligibility for compensation in return of denied boarding and proceeds further
- Settlement: refundme.in claims compensation on behalf of the customers. All the legal matters and court appearances (if required) are taken care by refundme.in
- Payment: Once refundme.in won the case, the payments are credited to the customers
How will you receive the compensation?
In case of denied boarding, airlines are required to provide any monetary compensation in the form of either cash, bank transfer or, if the passenger agrees in writing, in the form of travel vouchers.
Airlines refundme.in can claim from
Passengers who are denied boarding on following airlines can claim from refundme.in for the Indian domestic market, Our claim widget is also connected with our EU261 claim database as well as Turkish database, so you can claim compensation for EU261 regulation and Turkish regulation through refundme.in.
- Jet Airways and Jetlite
- Air India
- Air India Express
- Air Asia India
- Air Costa
- Vistara Airlines
- Air India Regional